This place has been one of my “places-to-visit” for years now. For reasons “unknown” and much for me being a Capampangan – I haven’t been to Pinatubo. Not to mention that year (2007) I actually did stay and worked in San Fernando for a year, I haven’t been anywhere near Pinatubo.
I have been long enthralled by the beauty of the place, the majestic lake as showcased in those pictures taken by friends who had all trekked to the site. A sight, which I hope I soon will see on
May 28 June 4 courtesy of “Akyat Pinatubo – Bloggers’ Climb for a Cause (Let’s Go Sago!)”
Having first learned about the event from a Twitter exchange between Leo and Argo, I visited the latter’s blogsite and read his entry <click HERE> and decided to invite myself. hihihihi! This is one chance to visit the place that I will not let me pass by! And the best thing about the whole package is, I get to enjoy while helping a really good cause. You see, a portion of the registration fee will go to Tahanang Walang Hagdan. Now that is hitting two birds with one stone. 🙂
May 28 June 4, I shall be doing all of these! weeeheee!!!
Akyat Mt. Pinatubo Day Tour
May 28, 2011 June 4, 2011, Saturday
03:00a – Assembly at Panay Avenue, Quezon Avenue MRT
03:30a – Departure to Capas, Tarlac
06:30a – ETA Tourism Office
07:00a – 4 x 4 ride to jump off point
07:30a – Start of 2-hour trek (can be shorter depending on the speed of participants)
10:00a – ETA crater; free-time, swim, explore
11:30a – Lunch break
01:00p – ETD to jump off point (2-hr trek)
03:00p – ETA jump off point; 4 x 4 ride back to Tourism Office
03:30p – ETA Tourism Office; wash-up
04:30p – ETD to Capas Shrine
05:00p – Side trip to Capas Shrine (if time permits)
05:30p – ETD to Manila.
* arrival time in manila may vary, but the ETA would be 9:00pm
Want to Join?
- Guest Participants P2,300 per person (the event is practically open to everyone at industry rate)
- Blogger Participants
P1,900P1,800 per person
- Blogger Participants are defined as bloggers who created a blogpost about the event, links to this post, and mentions the sponsors indicated above anytime from May 10 to May 18, 2011.
- P300 of the
P1,900P1,800 paid by the bloggers go to Tahanang Walang Hagdanan, the beneficiary.
Package Inclusions for All
- Roundtrip Private Van/Bus Transfers
- 4×4 Vehicle to hiking trail (optional skyway)
- Local Guide
Optional Skyway toll fee
- Conservation Fee
- Usage of Shower Area at Pinatubo Spa Town
- Sidetrip to Capas Shrine
- Pre-Event Briefing on
May 20May 25, 8 pm ROX-BHS (venue to be announced)
Additional Package Inclusions for Bloggers
- Jollibee Breakfast
- Jollibee Merienda
- Travel Factor Event Shirt
- Raffle at Pre-Event Briefing on May 20
- Tides Boracay Accomodations
- Mobile Phone
- Jollibee Gift Certificates
- Havaianas Flip-flops
- Sledgers Card Cases worth 1290 each
- Sledgers Passport Holders worth 1590 each
- Jollibee Gift Certificates
- Unilab Gift Packs
- Starbucks VIA Ready Brews
- Travel bags
- 20 Gift Packs
- Other Gift Certificates
- Register in the online registration form
- Pay thru Bank Deposit / Paypal (details in online registration)
- Create a blogpost event announcement as stated above (for Blogger Participants only)
- Deadline of Payment:
May 20June 2, 2011 (can pay cash at pre-event briefing)
- For inquiries, email admin AT LetsGoSago.net with subject: “Akyat Pinatubo Inquiry”
- Please register only if you are 100% sure you are joining.
- 1st 10 full registrants receive a pair of Havaianas Flip-flops
- 11th to 20th full registrants receive a box (1 dozen) Starbucks VIA Coffee Brew & 1 year webhosting
- 21st to 30th full registrants receive a Unilab gift pack.
- 31st to 40th full registrants receive 1 year webhosting
- A Full Registrant is defined as a blogger participant who has registered online, blogged about the event correctly, and paid the package (keep bank deposit slip as proof).
This event is made possible with the following sponsors and partners: SM, Jollibee, Havaianas, Unilab, Travel Factor, GeiserMaclang, Primer Group of Companies, Sledgers, Solid Hosting, R.O.X., Kiss Tourist Bus, Nufffnang Philippines, ChurpChurp Philippines, Orange Magazine TV, and Blogger Manila.
Tara Let’s! Wag maging dayuhan sa sariling bayan. 🙂